Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Have a very Eclectic Halloween...



Hey there crafty peeps, do you remember me telling you a while back that I was going to be designing for a brand new challenge blog?

Well the day has finally arrived where I get to step up to the plate and show you my contribution to this very unique blog.

EclecticEllapu went live last week with its very first challenge, and the turn out of entries has been brilliant! (btw that's a U.K. term for awesome!)

The DTeamies are split into 2 teams - one for every other challenge - the Pink team started the ball rolling and the Purple team is making its debut today and/or tonight. 
I mention tonight because the site hails from the U.K. and as you know they are on a different time zone then us here in North America, generally speaking.

So, with out further adieu...our second challenge, which Jacki, one of our Purple DTeamies is hosting, is a very scary one….

 Halloween! 

This is my card, cuz cards are what I do....




I instantly fell in love with this little vampire, and I don't mean on a twilight level either! 

He is the cutest, rather than scariest vampire I've ever seen. He is a Make it Crafty image and was so fun to colour.





I printed him out onto Neenah card-stock and coloured him with my Copic markers.

Cape/Clothes/Shoes – R29, 27, 24, 22, C9, 7, 5, 3
Hair – C9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 00
Skin – E11, 00, 000, 0000


I have these fantastic DP’s by Recollections called Haunted Estate. This one was an instant background, and all I did was add some glossy accents to make the bats pop, and illuminate to anything white.  
A piece of ribbon and blood coloured gems for the final touch.

Now a little bit about Eclectic Ellapu....well it's exactly what the name infers, an eclectic mix of creations. So in other words, you don't just have to be card makers, scrapbookers or paper crafters.  Any form of crafty item/project is eligible, it just has to relate to the theme of the challenge. 

 There are no sponsors, thus no prizes, albeit with the exception of unique badges of honour that is. 
It is simply about showing off your creativity, and being told you're the best of the bunch. 

So basically, if you enter challenges just to win something other than the personal satisfaction of knowing you were picked # 1 for your craftiness, then this isn't the blog for you...I told you it was a totally unique blog! Oh, and you are picked by an actual person, not random.org. 
Each DTeamie has the opportunity to host a challenge, and they are the ones who pick the winner, runners up and top five. 

 I hope you come over and give it a try. I must tell you too that having had the privilege to see what the challenge lineup is, I must say that there are some fantastic challenges coming your way! Let the fun begin team purple!
Thanks for stopping by :)S

7 comments:

  1. Love the cute little vampire. Great job on the pleats in his cape!! The paper is the perfect backdrop! Sounds like a great great new challenge, congrats on being part of the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, your card is adorable! I think you're right, he is the cutest little vampire ever! Love how you colored him, your shading is awesome! Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. The cupcakes I can't take credit for, they are the photo inspiration for one of the challenges I entered. Have a great week!
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, this is a very handsome card. I especially like the added glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary card, great background and really cute image.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, You've done the most incredible coloring on his hair and cape! Fabulous card. Love the spooky house and bats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little vampire too great colouring and background too
    Paula DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, another one I missed!!!! Love how you did the folds, they are perfect!!!! And congrats on the new position for the DT. We're both on purple teams, lol!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete