Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A day at the beach...

Hello there crafty peeps, it’s another Twisted Thursday challenge over at the Outlawz!
Let me say first that there were some pretty amazing Christmas cards entered last week. Even with the temps soaring way above the sweltering mark in North America it amazed me that you even managed to get into that Christmas spirit!
Thanks to all of you that joined us for that particular challenge, so without further ado let me tell you about this weeks challenge. We are going from chestnuts roasting on an open fire to those long lazy days of summer.
 Our twist this week is...“A day at the beach”.


 This little cutie is one of my new A Day For Daisies digital images. I love her little face and she actually reminds me of my little niece Ryann, who just so happens to bare an uncanny resemblance to this little cutie pie.
I printed her out on Neenah card-stock and then coloured her with my Copic markers.This was my first time paper piecing anything, and I just so happened to have paper on hand that looked like sand. I thought I would try that instead of colouring it for a change. I think it turned out really good actually.


The extra touches include Viva Décor pearl pen to create little stones in the sand, which I also colour with my Copics. I had some gift wrap that had starfish all over it, so I just cut one out and mounted it on cardstock for some extra support. I also used my Martha Steward border punch and then some bakers twine for embellishment.
The sentiment is from a great website called Ginger’s House also known as wordart. It's a great website for titles for your scrapbook pages and/or cards. When you download them for FREE you can save them to a file and then resize them later to fit any project. There are some pretty amazing quotes, sayings or whatever you want to call them, you should check it out.
That's about it for me today peeps. I hope to see you over at the beach oh, and don't forget your sunscreen. 
Thanks for stopping by :)S

6 comments:

  1. WOW, your card is amazing Sandra!!! I love the double matting and beautifully coloured image! What a great saying, I will have to check this site out! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Sandra! I love the beach scene and the adorable image! Sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very lovely Sandra :)
    That 'sand' paper is perfect for the card and the little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacular, Sandra. Your paper-pieced sand is terrific and I love the little stones you added. And I Love the starfish, especially after I read how you made it. Great card.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you gorgeous card Sandra, its adorable and love all its details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little image! you have coloured her perfectly! I love the added sparkle in the sand!!

    ReplyDelete