Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sittin' & thinkin' about you...

Well hello there crafty peeps! It has been a while since I last put my fingers to the keyboard, let alone put my Copic markers to cardstock.

I recently returned from one of the most amazing adventures with my wonderful husband.
We left on May 22nd, for London, England where we spent 4 days exploring that amazing city in all it's British glory. Then we embarked on a delightful but very exhausting cruise of the British Isles.
 Our itinerary included Guernsey and Liverpool, England, Cork, and Dublin, Ireland, Belfast, Northern Ireland, Glasgow, Invergordon and Edinburgh, Scotland and last but certainly not least the amazing city of love, Paris, France before returning to South Hampton to head home on June 8th. 

If you are interested, my husband Rick has his own travel blog and he is in the process of posting some of his wonderful photography and commentary.
Feel free to drop by and visit him at www.travelbyrad.blogspot.com

Getting back to the task at hand, this is a little card that I made for the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge this week, Anything Goes with an Animal twist.


I bought this little stamp set from 
Inky Antics Rubber Stamps a wee while ago, and this is the first time I have used it. I really bought it because of this particular little cutie as she reminds me of my little Yorkshire Terrier Lucy. 
The stamp set comes with a couple of other dog breeds as well as a few sentiments. 
The one I think I will use on the inside of this card is;

"Sittin' & thinkin' 
about you!


If she could talk I am sure she would have told me that she was thinking that very thing while I was away. She was in very good hands though, staying with Grammy, Papa and my sister Jennie where she had 2 acres to explore everyday and chase chipmunks to her hearts content!

I stamped the image with memento black ink onto Neenah cardstock and then coloured her with my Copic markers. 
I kept the front of the card to the bare minimum because the DP speaks for itself. I added Smooch Glitz to the ribbon, Viva Decor Black Pearl Pen for the eyes, and then a little bit of Glossy Accents for her nose and tongue. 

So head on over to the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge and show us your animal creation. 
Thanks for stopping by :)S





7 comments:

  1. Great to see you had such a fabulous time Sandra!! Some of those photos made me quite homesick - you certainly packed a lot in :)
    Very cute card too - when I was a teenager, we had a Yorkie called Button and he was as cute as one!
    Love the expression on its face and wonderful colouring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Sandra! Love the sweet image and great design! Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, so glad you enjoyed your trip - just the list of city names you visited exhausted me!
    Love this card - that little dog is adorable, and I love the way you colored him!
    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Sandra. Your coloring is fab. Sure reminds me of adorable Lucy! Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip. I'll be anxious to catch up with you one of these days. I will check out hubby's blog when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, she is fantastic!!!! Sandra, your colouring is perfect!!! She has the gorgeous colours of a Yorkshire (I guess you would know, lol!!!). Love the patterned paper! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. I love it over at Outlawz. Just started following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, this is totally adorable! Love the doggie and your awesome coloring! Welcome back g/f we missed you!!

    ReplyDelete