Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Don't have a ride? Then draw one...

Good morning crafty peeps!

This week over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge we are having our usual Anything Goes challenge, and this week it's a "Transportation" twist. 

When I looked through my stash of stamps/digi images I found that the only transportation themed image I had was a bicycle. 
After I finished my card and before I photographed it, something told me not to use it for this occasion.

So, I decided to try my hand at drawing my own image, and tah-dah, here is what I came up with.



Now please don't laugh too hard, I purposely made it look cartoonish, if that's even a word. I put it on a cartoonish road and then made the sentiment look like it's a road sign. 

I colored everything with my Copic markers, and after I finished it I decided to mess it up...yes I did say I decided to mess it up! I wanted to create a washed out appearance, so I used my colorless blender to remove the ink in certain areas. 

I then used some corrugated paper that I had in my scrap pile for the tires and front grill. Then added a bit of bling, some glossy accents on the headlights and there you have it...one cartoonish car driving down a cartoonish road on it's way to some little boy or girls birthday party. 

I hope you enjoyed my totally out of the blue ART 101 experience. I am a doodler by nature, and hope to take a real learn to draw art class sometime in the not so distant future. Perhaps I may find myself in the wonderful world of illustrative art. 

OK now, get yourselves over to the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge and show us DT gals what you have created this week. 

Thanks for stopping by :)S




















3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Sandra! Can't believe you drew the image! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sandra!!!! I LOVE your image!!!! This is just amazing, I can't believe (actually I do, you are just sooo good) that you drew it. WOW, fantastic! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously you girlies give me way too much credit.

    I have no real drawing experience except for doodling, and that is why it looks so funny. God forbid I try to do something seriously, but if the stars align in the foreseeable future perhaps I will be able to move beyond doodles.

    I saw the basic scene in one of my nieces colouring books recently, where everything was just at so many right angles. You know, the basic boxy type cars? All I did was just put my own doodle spin on it, so it isn’t really 100% my own idea. Perhaps I should confess that in my next blog post.

    ReplyDelete