Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just Swinging By…

Hello Friends.
It has been one week since my last post and I must admit it has been a busy one at that.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day and that the sweetheart in your lives was especially good to you. For some it is just another day, but for me it has always been a day that I try to go that extra mile for loved ones. It doesn’t have to be a big deal or expensive, just something that you might not otherwise do on a regular day. A little love note on the bathroom mirror, in someone’s lunch or even a  bunch of those pretty flowers that you usually see near the check-out line at the grocery store or it could be simply something sweet to eat. Yum, I do love chocolate!
February is also a big month for birthdays in our family as well as some girlfriends of mine. So far we have celebrated three family members, one of which is our little dog Lucy, who turned 11 this year. Yes she is family too, and I also celebrated two of my girlfriends b-days.
Lucy is our much loved Yorkshire terrier. She is such a character and certainly has a little attitude that’s for sure. I thought I would share my most favourite photo of her that I took when I was out in the back garden. She looked so beautiful amongst the creeping thyme that was in bloom at the time. She was patiently waiting for our resident chipmunk to appear as she always does. I thought it was a “Kodak moment” so I took the shot when she turned her head toward me once I called out to her. I just love this picture.
I still have one very important birthday left to celebrate and that is my truly amazing sister Jennie’s. This Friday, our family is supposed to go out to the Mandarin Restaurant for dinner. Jennie picked the place because of course it’s her day and here she can eat all the sushi she can handle. I don’t do sushi (yuk), but I won’t have any problems with all the other Asian cuisine on hand that’s for sure!
Enough bantering from me now and let’s get to today’s card which coincidently happens to be a birthday card. This little guy is called “Cheeky Sean” and I haven’t a clue what stamp company makes him. I’m pretty sure that I won him and picked him out of a bin somewhere??? Either way he is a funny little dude.
Cheeky Sean
I coloured him with my Copic markers. The papers are all from my box of odds and ends which I either embossed or die cut in circles using my Spellbinder dies and/or both. I thought up the sentiment because he looked like he was swinging by on some vines to wish someone a happy birthday. I printed out the words using my computer and then used my SB circle dies to cut them out in different sizes. I tried to keep within the theme of the circles on the background paper.
Cheeky Sean 2
On the inside of the card the sentiment reads … To Wish You a Happy Birthday.
I didn’t feel the need for any bling (except for the three jewels), but did use my trusty old friend Glossy Accents on his teeth and eyes.
I think he is suitable for The Outlawz Clean and Simple Challenge -  Animal Print this week, so I will be entering my card there. Good luck Cheeky Sean!
Well that is pretty much all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed my card and I look forward to chatting with you again real soon. Thanks for stopping by :)S

8 comments:

  1. Ohh Sandra, he is so cute and hilarious!!! I love your colouring and the sparkly teeth!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Sandra!!! I love the close up shot of the glossy accents on his teeth...LOVE IT!!!! Thank you for playing along with us this week in the CAS group at The Outlawz...we are blessed to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Pryn, what a lovely thing to say. I am so touched and the feeling is most definitely mutual :)

      Delete
  3. What a cute and fun card! Love the bright colors and your coloring is phenomenal! I think it's a Dustin Pike digi, but I'm not positive. I think the glossy accents on his teeth is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments and for the insight regarding the stamp, I will have to look into that :)S

      Delete
  4. oh, I meant to tell you how darling Lucy is! I think the creeping thyme was a lovely backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheeky Sean, especially the shiny teeth and eyes!! Great job on colouring to show dimension!

    ReplyDelete