Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

It’s a Boy!

Good evening crafty friends. I just found out today via Facebook that some pretty awesome people we know are now celebrating the birth of their beautiful little boy. Welcome to the world little Austen!!

I thought I would whip up a little card so that I will have it at the ready when we get the chance to meet him. I can’t wait to get out and buy him something really cute. Congrats to Mom and Dad as well, we are so very happy for you both.

 

IMG_0183

 

For this card I used my Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamp called Baby Bubble Bath. I think the image is so adorable and what I really like about it is it can easily be adapted for a little boy or a little girl by simply changing the colour of the paper. Girlie paper or boyish paper it’s that simple.

It was pretty much a “no muss no fuss” kind of card, meaning I didn't  use a lot of embellishments. It was coloured with my Copics, and I used glossy accents on the water, boat, ducky and bubbles. I also added a little button, some gingham ribbon and distressed with a wee bit of green and yellow chalk. I would have loved to have added an old fashioned baby diaper pin but I can’t find those anywhere nowadays. Perhaps I should go antique hunting for one, lol ;)

I think the next time I colour one of these I will tone down the blue on the bubbles because it didn’t turn out like a foamy bubble bath. Perhaps there is even a product on some crafty shelf somewhere out there that will create that effect and I haven’t been introduced to it yet. It really wouldn’t surprise me if there is.

IMG_0186

I am going to keep my post brief tonight because I’m still packing for another weekend away. I am heading to the Crop-A-Faire Weekender that is taking place at The Hampton Inn in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  I am tagging along with four of my favourite people in this world, and it is always fun to be together with them, there is never a dull moment. We are hooking up with the fifth one in our little group stateside as she lives there. Memories haunt me though from the last time we crossed the border together.  I learned a very hard lesson about checking your passport before and after you get home. It’s truly a funny story (after the fact that is), and I would share it with you but it would take way too long, perhaps I will share it with you one day….. perhaps!

I will be bidding hubby a fond farewell at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, leaving him all alone with our little Yorkie Lucy and the 60” TV set. It’s Super Bowl weekend and he doesn’t have to share the TV and I am sure he is delighted that our event is the same weekend. It’s a win win situation for both of us!

I am not the biggest scrap booker in the world and I much prefer colouring with my Copic markers and creating greeting cards.  I have stamped a ton of images to colour while I am there as I thought  it an excellent opportunity to get ahead of the game. This way I will have several finished images  at the ready for assembling cards at a later date.  Rumour has it too that there will be a masseuse on the site for my tired neck muscles, and boy oh boy this is good news cuz even though colouring is fun to me it is hard on my neck, big time.

So my friends, let me bid you goodnight. Take care and come back soon to see what I coloured up for you while I was away. Thanks for stopping by :)S

No comments:

Post a Comment