Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I was thinking...

Hi everyone, I was thinking; and no there isn't any steam coming out of my ears right now!!! Seriously though, I was thinking about my last post where in that I said I didn't have any cards to show up here on this little ole blog I got goin' on. Then I remembered the fact that when I make a card to give to someone I usually make a second one at the same time.  They may be slightly different than the one I give away, for example, the stamped image is the same but one might have bling and perhaps one will not. Or it might have a different colour scheme all together. Anyway, I have a little stash of those second cards, and I thought about using them on here until they are gone.

I would like to mention first that some of these cards were made when I was just starting out and some are more recent. This particular card today I made quite a few months ago, perhaps even the tail end of last winter. I think it's cool to have them because I can gauge my progress with them too.

Having actually won a recent challenge on the Kraftin’ Kimmie blog has me thinking I have improved immensely. I am also noticing that I am not a very good photographer to say the least and could use some helpful advice as to how I can improve in that department. Now I'm talking about making my cards present better and not photography in general. So if anyone has any suggestions in that department please don't hesitate to share them with me. I have one of those idiot proof digital cameras, you know the kind that you just point and shoot. However, I do have access to a really gooooooood 35mm digital camera that I bought my hubby for Christmas last year. I can hire him, so to speak to take them even! Hmmmm, now there is a novel idea me thinks!

Getting to the card.......this one is an adorable Stamping Bella stamp called "Sprout". I can't tell you anything about what company makes the papers I used because if memory serves me correctly I just took pieces of odds and ends from my scrap paper box.

The ribbon is definitely from SU and of course I coloured her with my Copics. I also used SB die cuts and some Glossy accents on the little flower pot she is holding in her hands. The picture doesn't really show the little green sprout that is growing in the pot very well, so I think the next time I colour her I will choose a lighter brown combo for the soil. There you go, a little FYI for myself.



Anyway I have taken enough of your time as I am sure you have things to do other than this.


Thanks for stopping by :)S

No comments:

Post a Comment