Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Do you believe in Unicorns???

Do you believe in Unicorns? I certainly do, and there are many reasons why, one of which has a lot to do with this post!
Seems it took one of these magical mystical creatures to lure me back to my Copic markers again.
Yes, it indeed has been a long time since I coloured let alone posted anything to my blog. Let it suffice to say that my absence from both colouring and my blog has been for good reason, and will likely continue for some time to come unfortunately.
Simply put, I am not well. I suffer with a medical condition that makes sitting and standing for extended periods of time difficult and painful. We all know how creating can capitalize on both of those tasks don’t we? So without going into details and making this post about me rather than my recent creation I will not bore you with details.
What I will say though is that there are several wonderful people I’ve had the great fortune to meet through this crafting community that stay in contact with me. I want them to know, and you know who you are, that I cherish and appreciate every email that you have sent that offer me words of encouragement, and prayers. Each of you hold a very special place in my heart, and your kindness will never be forgotten!
I am posting today because I was given the opportunity to be a guest designer for the latest Through The Craft Room Door Blog challenge.
I was given a considerable length of time to work on my creation in order to participate, so I would like to thank Sandra van Blaricum for extending me the opportunity to do so. Big hugs going out to you my sweet friend!

 
I went for a CAS theme for two reasons, one being my obvious need to be less labour intensive. Secondly because I wanted this beautiful unicorn created by Anne Rodrigue for Kraftin’Kimmie Stamps Shop to be the focal point.
This image is part of the “Three Wishes” Krafty Klubhouse Set. The set includes two other gorgeous stamps, sentiments, coordinating designer paper, cardstock and embellishments. However, on this particular card I did not use any of the included paper, opting instead to use some from my stash such as collections by DWCV and MME.
I originally fell in love with this image when I first saw it on one of my fav Copic artist’s blog; namely PaperBlessingsbyMelanie
If my memory serves me correctly unicorns are usually white, but I found it difficult to get the depth in my shading without it looking like a dirty unicorn, so I decided to follow Melanie’s lead and go with a black unicorn as well. Perhaps she too had that issue?
The colours I used were as follows –
Body C00, 01, 03, 05 and Colorless blender for texture
Mane and Tail B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Horn Y19, 21 E17, 18

A few Stardust stickles and wah-lah!
 Here is a close up ...
 
Now may I suggest to you that you hop over to TTCRD blog and see what all the regular design team girlies have created for your inspiration.
Speaking of inspiration, even if life has you running around in circles or has handed you a tough situation to deal with, don’t let things get the better of you. Steal some time away for yourself whenever you can and go to your happy place like I just did.
 Trust me, it is some of the best medicine in the world that no Doctor can prescribe, or do whatever you can at your own pace. I always try to remember; no matter how you feel; get up, dress up, show up and never give up.
 It is my hope to be back here one day soon on a more regular basis, but for now I’ll take what I can get. Please know that I miss sitting on my computer visiting your blogs, but know that I am watching from afar!
 Thanks for stopping by peeps!
JS         

 



3 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie!!
    You already know how much I love this card, it's beautiful and your coloring is outstanding!!
    I'm glad I you are GDT this week!! we can do this again , LOL!!
    You can expect a little funny parcel this week :-D just for fun.
    Thinking of you both, Hugs,XXX
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra! So happy to see your amazing card!!!! LOVE your colouring and the CAS style is perfect with this gorgeous image. I do hope you had a good time away and I'm crossing my fingers that you feel better. Big hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I certainly hope today is a better day for you. And that you have many, many really good days to come. :^)
    Love your CAS design! I love unicorns, too, and you colored this one beautifully. And showcased it perfectly on your pretty DP! Love it! :^)
    You take care now, and I'll be sending you such big hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete