Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

It was a rainy day...

It was a rainy day....well apparently it is over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge. So grab your umbrellas, rubber boots or what have you's and get on over there to show us how YOU handle a rainy day. 

A funny thing though, as I am typing this out to you it has just started to rain here, and I can hear the distant rumblings of an approaching thunderstorm. Talk about weird or what?

Anyhow, on to the challenge....for my interpretation of a rainy day I used this cute Stamping Bella stamp by Mo Manning called, Umbrella Peep. I bought this stamp when I was at ScrapFest in Kitchener last year. It wasn't just because the image is so darn cute, but because the wording of the sentiment that came with it. 


"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

Isn't that just the most optimistic attitude to have in life? I certainly think so, and I will forever try my darnedest to always see life that way.
So, in keeping with that mindset I decided to use bright colours instead of the more traditional dark colours we always seem to see when it comes to rain gear. 
Heck, it's certainly one way to brighten up an otherwise gloomy day, don't ya think?


I stamped the image onto Neenah card-stock using Memento black ink, and then I coloured it using my Copic markers. I painted a little bit of Smooch Glitz onto the top of the umbrella in an attempt to make it glisten as if it were wet. I also drew in a couple of rain drops for added effect, then I used a wee bit of Glossy Accents on the raindrops, little peeps rain gear and the umbrella handle as well. 
I noticed after I cropped the below picture that I've either coloured outside the line on her hat or perhaps the Glossy Assent pushed it out. 
Oh well, nobody is perfect are they?



The DP's are a combo of SU,  DCWV Citrus Collection and then just some regular cardstock. 
I embossed the green square to stay within the dotted theme by using my SU dots embossing folder. The sentiment was stamped with Color Box "Merlot" pigment ink, and then I added clear embossing powder to enhance it. A few brads, viva decor pearls, a little ribbon and a bow and "wallah", there you have it, the bright side of a rainy day.


So get yourselves over to this weeks Twisted Thursday challenge and show us YOUR rainy day creation. If you don't have the time to make a card this week, or aren't a member of the Outlawz you can always drop by my fellow DT members personal blogs to have a peek at their creations. Perhaps you could leave them a comment because I know how much they are appreciated!



If you would like to become an Outlawz member just click here.

Thanks for stopping by :)S




1 comment:

  1. WOW Sandra!!! It's raining here but looking at your card just makes me want to sing (really I won't as people gonna start running away, lol!!!). Your colouring is so lovely and I love the bright colours! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete